Friday, February 24, 2017

My Typical Day: Spring 2017 Edition

What does a typical day for Natalie Jackson, a sophomore, MJD major look like????

8:30am: Rise & Shine!
Today I woke up at 8:30 so that I had enough time to wake up, get dressed and get ready for my day before I headed over to Alliot for breakfast. What's my go-to breakfast option? Most days I get plain oatmeal with brown sugar and a chopped up banana. Depending on what kind of tater tots there are, you can always catch those on the side of my plate too.

9:45am-12:05pm: "I go to college to get more knowledge."
This semester, I have two classes each day. On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I have Photojournalism in a Digital Age and Fourth Semester Spanish. On Tuesday and Thursday I have Social Media and Managerial Accounting.


12:05pm: "I wanna see you workout" -J. Cole
Directly after my classes are finished, I head back to my room to change and then I go to gym. Depending on the day I'll run outside, or just head over to the gym to go on the treadmill and/or lift weights. If I'm feeling very enthusiastic, I will run six miles (this rarely happens), but most of the time I stick to a solid three miles.

1:20pm: My favorite exercise is a cross between a lunge and a crunch. I call it Lunch.
As soon as I'm done working out, I take my sweaty self over to Alliot with hopes of smoothies and zucchini fries for my second meal of the day. I meet one of roommates and we normally sit in the dining hall people watching for a while.

2:15pm: The part of the day that we all dread the most.... homework, staring out the window, and crossing things off of my to-do list.
From 2:15 until dinner time, I sit at my desk, slowly, reluctantly, doing my homework. Although I really don't like doing homework, I find it better to do it during the day and get it over with, so that I can do whatever I want to do with my free time after dinner. Most recently I have also been working on a couple of different applications. As an MJD major, it is required to study abroad, so I have been working on the Fall 2017 application. I am also looking for a summer internship, so I've been busy applying to many jobs too!

5:30pm: Hands down my favorite part of every day.
I LOVE DINNER. Not because of the food, but because of the time I spend with my friends. All 11 of us squeeze around a circle table in Alliot and talk about our days. Always so eager to share the hilarious things that happened to us throughout the day, or discuss our plans for the evening or weekends, our table is always filled with chatter and laughter. I live for dinner time. To me, dinner time is the moment I look around and realize how thankful I am to have such a great group of friends like the ones I have.


6:45pm: Netflix and Chill? Intramural Soccer?
After dinner I had back to my humble abode with my roommates. Normally we spend time talking, or I catch up on some Netflix while they finish up their homework. On occasion I will have an intramural game or a meeting for something I'm involved in (extended service trip, founder's society, social ambassadors, group projects, etc.).

8:00pm: Cash us watching the Bachelor, howbow dat.
By 8pm everybody is ready to watch tv. Our personal favorite these days is The Bachelor. My friends and I (boys included) gather around our common room in Quad Commons to eat popcorn and live off of the drama Corrine and Nick supply.


11:00pm: Lights out!
I try to be in bed by 11 every night. I really rely on beauty sleep and most of the time I get sick if I don't get enough of it. Some nights I will write a list of the things I need to do for the next day and have it set out on my desk to accomplish.


I hope you enjoyed hearing about my average day as a college student! Feel free to email me with questions or check out my social media sites to see the highlights!

Email: njackson@mail.smcvt.edu
Snapchat: natalierj
Instagram: @natjackski
Twitter: @natjackski

No comments:

Post a Comment